Specifications : This Melon is very Sweet and with long Shelf Life and is exported toEurope mostly because of its high quality . we produce this kind of Melon in different regions of Iran up to the end of October and we can supply it to all over the world.this Melon skin color is Yellow and its inside color is mostly White and some parts are yellow too. you can keep this kind of melon about 3 months and you would be surprised with its amazing taste.
Packing : 15-16kg Carton Box
Shipment : Sea , Road , Air
Season : from July to November
General Information :
Very Â juicy & sweet with high brix for those who enjoy sweet taste.
Persian Melons are available April to September often stretching into October
High in vitamin C, Melons provide a source of carbohydrates, calcium, iron, protein, potassium and dietary fiber. Orange-fleshed melons contain beta-carotene, a valuable antioxidant.
Melon is a common term and genus (Citrus) of plants. This great family contains full of fruit juice, appetizer and delicious which in the summertime eliminate our thirst. They are including: watermelon, muskmelon, cantaloupe, white honeydew and etc.
All these fruits are from one family and the difference is only due to the taste, color and size.
We’ll mention briefly contents in this field:
- Specification: Watermelon is a delicious, sweet and juicy fruit that its rind is smooth, thick, green or yellow color with light-green or gray colored vertical stripes all over its outer surface. Iranian watermelon flesh is red or yellow and full of small black seeds.
- Features: All the varieties watermelons are rich sources of high nutrients so could help and raise the immune system against diseases including: relieve thirst, heart health and reduce blood pressure, treat cancer and etc. This fruit has a lot of uses for us including: making pickles, syrup, jam and etc.
- Specification: Cantaloupe is one of the most popular melons in the worldwide. The cantaloupe originated first in Iran (5000 years ago). This specie of melons has orange flesh and full of small yellow seeds. Cantaloupe is semi sweet (moderately sweet), flavorful, Juicy and its rind is thin and warty. The outer rind is tan or gray-green skin and its weight is from 500 g to 5 kg (1 to 10 lb.).
- Features: All the varieties watermelons are rich sources of high nutrients. This fruit is very low in calories (100 g fruit has just 34 calories) and fats. Cantaloupe is good source of vitamin A so it’s essential for healthy vision. It is also required for maintaining healthy mucus membranes and skin. Consumption of natural fruits rich in vitamin A has been known to help protect from lung and oral cavity cancers.This fruit is normally eaten as a fresh fruit, as a salad, or as a dessert with ice cream or custard. Melon pieces wrapped in prosciutto are a familiar antipasto.
Muskmelon (Persian Melons)
- Specification: Iranian Muskmelon or Persian melons is one of the most popular melons in Iran country. This specie of melons has yellow – white flesh with small yellow seeds. Its taste is sweet, flavorful, semi Juicy. The outer rind is yellow, thin with light-green vertical stripes all over its outer surface. Its shape is long and elongated or circle and its weight is above of 1 kg.
- Features: Muskmelons are an excellent source of vitamin A and vitamin C, and a good source of potassium. Therefore they can help or treat some diseases.Persian melons are best utilized in fresh preparations. They can be sliced, balled, pureed or when just ripe or slightly under ripe cut into ribbons. Persian melon puree can be used in sorbet, smoothies, pop-sickles or cold soups. Persian melon balls can be used fresh or frozen to enhance cocktails and juice. Their sweet flavor pairs well with citrus, mint, ginger, avocado, arugula, berries, robust cheeses and cured meats. To store, keep whole melons at room temperature. Cut melon will keep wrapped in plastic for up to three days.